Hire an apprentice
Hiring an apprentice is a productive and effective way for any organisation to grow talent and develop a motivated, skilled and qualified workforce.
Why hire an apprentice?
Apprenticeships allow you to harness new talent in your organisation and train people for job roles to suit your business needs.
Employers can hire apprentices at a range of different levels, from school leavers to people that want to further their careers or change career direction completely.
Employers who have an established apprenticeship programme reported that productivity in their workplace had improved by 76% whilst 75% reported that apprenticeships improved the quality of their product or service.
Other benefits that apprenticeships contribute to your organisation include:
- 90% of apprentices choose to stay on in their place of work after completing an apprenticeship
- there’s a wide selection of apprenticeships available, covering lots of different job roles within an organisation
- you can adapt the training your apprentice receives according to the needs of your organisation
- an apprenticeship allows you to diversify your workforce
- you can employ an apprentice who’s 16 and up to any age and from any background
Source: Education and Skills funding Agency 2019
The Ealing apprenticeship Network can help
We offer free support and advice to help you to find the right apprentice for your business.
Run by Ealing Council, the Ealing Apprenticeship Network works closely with training providers, skills and employment organisations and people who are looking for apprenticeship roles.
With more than 10 years’ experience, we are experts in supporting apprenticeships both within the council and with businesses who operate in Ealing. So far more than 500 businesses have benefited from joining the network and more than 800 apprenticeship vacancies have been created.
- Provide advice on your role and responsibilities when recruiting and supporting apprentices
- Help identify how apprenticeships can work within your organisation
- Support you with the recruitment process and help you find suitable candidates
- Identify your business needs and link you with a training provider for the apprentice
- Help you identify future opportunities and initiatives your business can benefit from
- Keep you up-to-date and informed through regular newsletters, events and conferences
Are there any costs?
There is no cost to be part of the Ealing Apprenticeship Network and the support we provide is free.
As the employer, you pay the apprentice an apprenticeship wage.
There is no cap on this wage, but employers are encouraged to put a realistic value on the work the apprentice will be expected to do, the cost of living in London and travel expenses to and from work.
Employers are also expected to pay the apprentice when they attend off-the-job training and complete work for their qualifications during work hours.
Contact us to find out more: email: firstname.lastname@example.org or tel: 020 8825 6234.
If you are an apprenticeship levy paying employer then you will pay for the apprenticeship training from this funding.
If you do not pay into the apprenticeship levy then you must pay 5% of the cost of the apprenticeship.
The council has a scheme to support employers who do not pay into the apprenticeship levy.
Have a question or want to find out more?
Receive the latest information on job opportunities, skill development and apprenticeships across the borough.